Philosophy of Christian Education
Community Christian Academy starts with the premise that the only true education is a Christian education. This premise is based on the fact that only Christian education deals with all the dimensions of life as viewed from a biblical perspective.
In order for an educational program to be academically sound and instructionally effective, it must be founded upon Christian educational principles that recognize the true nature of God, truth, knowledge, and man. Implicit in Christian education are these basic truths:
- Man does possess a spiritual dimension (Genesis 1:26-27);
- Education involves the total being: spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social (Proverbs 9:9);
- Each person possesses unique individual potential, traits, and needs (Romans 12:3-8);
- The educational experience must involve the development of Christian beliefs, attitudes, and skills toward zealous application;
- An integration of Bible truth will be an inseparable and primary part of the total educational process. Christian concepts will be unified with, inseparable from, and central to the academic offerings;
- Youth need a steady influence while preparing to live in a complex society. Only the Bible has the answers to man’s needs and longings, and, therefore, will serve as our final authority on all questions.